Meeks Environmental Services – Vestavia Hills Septic Tank Pumping and Cleaning
When’s the last time you pumped out your septic tank and had it cleaned? Do you have it on a regular schedule of maintenance with a Vestavia Hills septic tank pumping service? If you’re not on a schedule and you don’t have anyone watching out for it, do you ever wonder about what could happen if you don’t take some steps to manage it? Meeks Environmental Services has been providing septic tank pumping and management services to the residents of Vestavia Hills for more than 60 yearssince 1970. We’ve heard all of these thoughts before as people became our customers. Now that they’re long-term customers, they no longer have these questions. More importantly, they don’t have unexpected disasters arise, either.
Why a Schedule Is Important
There are many reasons that a regular schedule of septic tank pumping is important. Your septic tank plays a critical role in keeping your home environmentally safe. You and your family All families generate a lot of waste on a daily basis, and that waste needs to go somewhere such that it doesn’t cause anyone any harm. Here’s how it works:
- Fixtures such as your sinks, toilets, tubs and washing machine all drain into a pipeline.
- This pipeline leads into your septic tank, which is likely underground.
- When the liquid and solid waste gets to the tank, it’s separatedthe solids settle to the bottom.
- The liquid waste is filtered and then sent out into the ground surrounding your home via field lines.
- The soil further filterstreats the liquid waste, which settles in with the ground water.
- The solid waste is moved into a concrete holding tank.
- Over time, it breaks down because of the bacteria and enzymes present, creating sludge.
- Eventually, this waste evolves into sludge that gathers on the bottom of the tank.
- This material sludge slowly fills the tank.
- The septic tank needs to be pumped out and clean as a result.
This is the basic, 10-step process that leads to septic tank pumping and septic tank cleaning. If you don’t have a maintenance schedule in place, things could go very wrong and lead to expensive repairs and cleanups.
Signs It’s Time for Septic Tank Pumping
If it’s been awhile since you’ve had septic tank cleaning or pumping done in Vestavia Hills, it could be time to get that handled. If you notice any of the issues below, contact Meeks Environmental Services immediately:
- Your toilet and/or tub gurgles a bit when you flush it.
- Your sinks and bathtubs are draining very slowly.
- There’s a very green portion of your lawn that appeared recently.
- You smell something foul from your toilets and sinks.
Any or all of these could be signs that your septic tank is fullneeds pumping. Eventually, sewage will back up into your home if you don’t get your septic tank cleaned out.
Fortunately, working with Meeks Environmental Services will eliminate any of these concerns. We’ll handle your septic tank pumping in and around Vestavia Hills, and we’ll put your home on a schedule to make sure that we take care of this at regular, proper intervals so your septic tank never overflows. We’ve been handing residential, commercial and municipal work in the area for more than six decadessince 1970, so taking care of your home will be quick and efficient. If you’re ready to avoid all of these potential problems, contact us today to find out more about how we can help you.